What is the Kids’ Cup? It’s St. Lambert Elementary’s major annual fundraiser. This event started out as a class fundraiser for an end of year trip 15 years ago. After hosting a hockey game to raise money for students to have an extraordinary learning experience, the school realized that this event would be an ideal format to replace other forms of fundraising.
What do you like best about Kids’ Cup?
As one parent commented, “I love that I do not need to hound everyone I know selling raffle tickets or chocolate bars!“.
Grade 5 Student: “It is a night where you can just hang out with your friends. Your teachers are all in a good mood. You can run around the arena watching the game from different areas. Hot dog day at school leading up to Kids Cup is also fun.”
Grade 2 Student: “I like the puck toss, and winning things.”
Back for 2018!
- Kids’ Cup will be on a Friday night! You asked us to put it on a Friday night to make it easier to enjoy the evening as a family!
- Kids’ Cup Fun Fair during the event – Activities to keep our youngest fans entertained – photo booth, face painting, and more!
- Shorter hockey game – 3 x 15 minute running-time periods are planned in hopes more families will stay to see the Kids’ Cup Crusaders beat the CBC Media No-Stars!
Before the Event:
- Kids’ Cup Tickets go on sale – March 21st 2018 – Tickets will be on sale through Eventbrite.
- Domino’s Pizza Night – March 27th 2018 – Take a night off from dinner prep while supporting Kids’ Cup!
- Kids’ Cup Rally for students – March 27th 2018 – A fun event at school to get kids excited about the game
What are we asking you to do?
- Attend! Come out and have fun! We aim to bring everyone together to celebrate our school.
- Join the hockey team – Do you play hockey? Then join the Kids’ Cup Crusaders! Details are available on the Call for Players page.
- Skills competition – our students get to show off their skills before the game.
- Donate! In addition to buying a ticket to attend the event, you can help us reach our fundraising goal in many ways:
- Food Sales – Do you have food to donate? Please contact us at email@example.com
- Souvenir Sales – Purchasing souvenirs helps to support the Kids’ Cup. Students will have an opportunity to buy some souvenirs in advance during lunch hour.
- Sponsor – Parents are invited to recruit sponsors for program ads or door prizes. Details are available on the Advertising page (in French and English).
- Donate Online – For parents, grandparents and other supporters who would like to make an financial contribution without advertising or providing a door prize, click “Donate Online” and select the fund designation “St. Lambert Elementary – Kids’ Cup” from the drop down menu. Tax receipts are issued for donations of $20 or more from the South Shore Educational Foundation.
- Volunteer! Do you have time to help before or during the event? Volunteers are incredibly important to the success of Kids’ Cup! Please let us know when you can help, and approximately how many hours you have to spare. We will have a job for you! Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Score! Everyone wins with the Kids’ Cup. Our children have a blast, and as parents, we contribute to the long term and continued success of this incredible school.
We look forward to seeing everyone at the game! On behalf of our dedicated Kids’ Cup Committee,
Your Kids Cup Committee – Kids’ Cup 2018